Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Classification: Employee, Part Time (Mon - Fri) Hours may vary
Location: Cypress, CA
Our Clinical Laboratory Assistants provide support in the pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical stages of the performance of assays and technologies in the laboratory under the supervision of licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists. General responsibilities include extensive data entry, clerical support, customer contact, sample handling, order entry, research and clinical lab assistance, and maintaining supplies.
** Responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly Preventative Maintenance (PM) as directed by supervisor.
- Prepares stains and reagents as needed.
- Files all paperwork including work logs, QC sheets, etc.
- Keeps lab area stocked and cleaned.
- Cleans automated equipment as directed.
- Communicates to lead technician and/or supervisor of supply status and shortages.
- Complies with all laboratory policies and procedures and safety policies, responding appropriately to emergencies or drills.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the lead technician/supervisor.
- A high school diploma (or its equivalency).
- Minimum of 2 years laboratory experience.
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative.
- Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, electronic mail and Internet.
- Basic computer skills and 10 key.
- Experience in healthcare related positions a plus.