Classification: Employee, Full Time, THIRD SHIFT
Location: Cypress, CA
** Responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Data Entry - Accessioning
- Keys patient, laboratory tests and specimen inventory.
- Follows standard sequences and coding in keying in data in correcting, editing, and verifying all data entered into automated systems.
- Responsible for entering test orders, patient information and other necessary information pertaining to the specimen, test order, and/or requests by the client.
- Data Entry - Validation
- Validates and corrects any data that is missing or entered incorrectly during Accessioning.
- Validates that ordered tests are complete and correct.
- Validates that specimens inventoried are complete and correct.
- Specimen Processing
- Unpacks requisition and specimens and prepares them for accessioning.
- Performs all technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
- Labels requisition and specimen with correct computer generated identification labels (accession numbers).
- Checks for accuracy and records all items processed.
- Aliquots specimens for testing and prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
- Prepares and labels all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as centrifuging specimens and separating serum
- Learns and maintains laboratory procedures and and distribute specimens to proper storage area/location.
- Develops knowledge in specimen identification and specimen requirements for clinical testing.
- Cleans and disinfects work area after each shift.
- A high school diploma (or its equivalency).
- Previous laboratory experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic computer skills and 10 key.
- Detail oriented with strong, accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent customer service skills: may need to provide customer service to clients after hours.
- Must have computer experience and knowledge and be willing to familarize themselves with the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).