Classification: Employee, Full Time, M-F (Minimum 30 hours + benefits)
Our Courier Representative is CMB's first-line of customer service to our clients.Prompt, reliable and thoughtful service is vital in maintaining the relationship between our client and the laboratory.
** Responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Performs assigned specimen pick-ups from an established route.
- Transports medical specimens from client sites to laboratory in a timely manner.
- Ensures specimen integrity by enforcing laboratory procedures for handling and transporting specimens.
- May be required to make special and STAT pick-ups when requested by client.
- Delivers all supplies, reports and related materials to the clients on their route, as requested.
- Maintains vehicle run log.
- Resolves Client Service issues or direct the client to the appropriate representative.
- Communicates issues and concerns to appropriate staff members.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment and promotes a positive image to clients, staff and the general public.
- Follows applicable organizational and departmental policies.
- Must be flexible with assigned route and able to provide assistance for other courier representatives when needed.
- A Valid California Driver's License.
- Excellent driving record for the last 2 years with an excellent understanding of safe driving practices.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a courier (prior medical courier experience preferred, but not required).
- Must be knowledgeable in the proper storage and transportation of specimens and other materials.
- Ability to prioritize work load and work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to learn multiple routes.
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirement: weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.