Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
Classification: Part-time, Temporary August to December 2018
Location: Cypress, CA
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs various chemical, microscopic, serological, hematological, and microbiological tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
** Responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Responsible for providing technical support for primary care and multi-specialty outpatient clinics.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance and quality control.
- Performs troubleshooting on test analyzers and procedures within the department.
- Participates in continuing education and may be required to travel for training purposes.
- Actively suggests and participates in the implementation of process improvements.
- Performs clinical testing in hematology, routine and special chemistry, coagulation, serology and urinalysis.
- Performs quality assurance procedures and CAPA to ensure accurate reporting of clinical data.
- Follows quality control standard operating procedures in a proactive and timely manner.
- Oversees lab assistant and provides proper guidance and training for team members.
- Assists with oversight and training of department staff as necessary.
- Distributes work load appropriately.
- Must have a B.S degree in any applicable science and have CLS License.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a CLS.
- Must have knowledge of specimen handling and processing.
- Must know how to (or be willing to learn to) troubleshoot and maintain instruments.
- Must be proficient in reviewing results.
- Must be knowledgeable of patient privacy regulations and protect patient confidentiality at all times.
- Must have excellent customer skills; contact with clients may be required.
- Must have excellent communication skills with both clients and team members.