Classification: Employee, Full Time
Location: Cypress, CA
Our Billing Representatives are detail-oriented individuals with positive interpersonal skills, who are responsible for all aspects of assuring the accurate and timely generation and issue resolution of claims for laboratory services.
** Responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Researches all information needed to complete billing process including gathering charge/payment information from clients.
- Reviews procedure and diagnosis codes for accuracy.
- Contacts Payors and utilizes websites for claim status and eligibility benefits.
- Processes adjustments, refunds, transfers, mail returns and manual sales.
- Handles high volume patient/client phone inquiries concerning claims, balances, payments, pricing, etc.
- Evaluates and responds to all aspects of written billing inquiries from the patient or their representative, including but not limited to: billing insurances, updating invoices, problem solving billing issues and complex customer complaints.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts for payors.
- A high school diploma (or its equivalency).
- Minimum 5 years medical billing experience (Laboratory billing experience preferred).
- Proficient in third party medical billing (Insurance, Medicare and Medi-Cal).
- Extensive knowledge of medical and third party billing procedures, policies and concepts.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding for laboratories.
- Experience in collections and medical billing resolutions.
- Excellent customer service skills; client communication will be required.
- Must be detail oriented and have a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, electronic mail and Internet.
- Skilled in typing and 10 key.
- Felixible and adapts easily to a changing work enviroment.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Proficiency in additional languages a plus.)